5 Reasons Why People Retire Overseas
Making that life changing decision to retire overseas may come as a shock to friends and family when you reveal your plans. However, for many people, it’s a chance to fulfill a lifelong dream of living in another country and expanding your horizons. There are several reasons why people decide to retire overseas and below are some of the most popular triggers:
- Start a new business - For some people retiring doesn’t mean that they are going to stop work forever. Retiring overseas often results in couples setting up a new business in another country. Perhaps it’s running a bed and breakfast on a Greek island or offering painting courses in Spain. Whatever it is there’s no reason not to give it a go! Just check out your tax implications before you set up, www.dwp.gov.uk is a handy site.
- Spend time with friends and family - If you’ve spent years slogging away your retirement can be a chance to spend quality time with loved ones. Once you’ve picked your destination you can invite friends and family to join you for short breaks or even the school holidays. This gives you the opportunity to spend time together in a relaxed atmosphere.
- Indulge in a passion - Retirement means you can at last devote more time to your hobbies. As you search for somewhere to live make sure you can easily spend time doing the things you love. If golf is your thing then find out about the green fees and courses, if you love painting have a look at the surrounding scenery. Now’s your chance to enjoy yourself!
- Explore the world - If there’s a budding explorer inside waiting to get out then retiring to somewhere more unusual could be the right option. Castle Cover recently revealed places like Morocco, Thailand and USA are popular retirement destinations. Each of these has a wide and varied history with plenty of places to explore to stop you from getting bored.
- More for your money - One of the most compelling reasons to live abroad is the chance to make your pension go further. If you live somewhere with better weather you can spend more time outdoors; relaxing, sunbathing or just gardening.
All of these give you free entertainment and better quality of life. Check out the cost of properties before you invest and all the other bills you are likely to incur.
For more inspiration about top retirement destinations look at http://www.castlecover.co.uk/top-ten-places-to-retire/
More Articles From The Blighty Traveller:
- Five Reasons to Try a Caravan Holiday
- London People Watching
- Cool Caravanning – 10 Reasons Why You Should Take A Caravan Holiday In 2011
- Getting the Spark Back on a British Weekend Away
- Inexpensive Day Trips in the UK
- Top 10 Days Out for the Kids Around the UK
- Traveller’s Guide to the British Museum
- 10 London Pubs for Backpackers
- Working in London – Things to Think About as a Traveller
- Avoid the Olympics With These 5 Gold Medal Getaways